Saturday, March 23, 2013

A New Tradition.

Inspired yet again by the lovely Emily Anderson,
I have decided to start a new tradition for Easter this year.  

I will choose a verse to pray over Selah for the next 365 days.
On Easter Sunday, when she opens up a little egg,
it will contain her verse for the year
that Momma will fervently pray....

I want it to be something personal.
That ministers each year to where she's at.
What she struggles with in real time.

Lately, fear is something that Selah talks about a lot.
From nightmares to how friends at school view her, 
she is SO genetically prone to the crippling effects of fear.
Having lived from a place of fearfulness for most of my life,
Lord knows this Momma Bear wishes to banish it for her the best that I know how.


Add to the natural fears that come with a growing understanding of a fallen world,
that she is struggling through being a child 
who doesn't have the simple assurance of parents who are happily married.
One of my greatest fears 
has now become her reality.
The only way that I know how to walk her through this
is by turning to the One that knows her heart,
and that has a divine purpose in all things.

And so I pray...
Matthew 10:31


I want her to know how much she's worth.
To never doubt how precious she is.

I love the translation in The Message for this verse:

“What’s the price of a pet canary? Some loose change, right? And God cares what happens to it even more than you do. He pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail—even numbering the hairs on your head! So don’t be intimidated by all this bully talk. You’re worth more than a million canaries."
-Matthew 1:29-31

Do you have a special verse that you pray over your child?  
Please share!  
I'd love to keep a growing list of considerations for years to come.

Happy Easter Week everyone.
May the hope of the resurrection be yours...  

No comments:

Post a Comment