Sunday, March 25, 2012

Not for the faint of heart.

I'm not sure when it happened,
but it did.

I officially became an old lady at heart.

And developed a love affair with doilies.  

This new love that I have found has showered me with dainty beauty.
With aged charm that I cannot resist.

Before I knew about pinterest, 
I saw on some blog that these little rounded pieces of heaven
make a lovely table runner.

And so, I set out on a journey to collect many little circles of love.
To warn you, my friends,
this adventure is not for the faint of heart.
Doily collection takes stamina.
It also takes some dolla dolla bills.
Cause antique doilies ain't cheap, yo.

After over a year of hunting and piecing together,
I am proud to present my creation.


I layered some burlap underneath to make the form more stable.


{I spend alot of time moving it out of the way so that my little artist
can paint or make pancakes with play doh, so this just is more functional for us.}
Plus, I like the mix of hard and delicate.
And I like the way that burlap smells.  

If you plan to make your own,
I recommend stitching the burlap on all sides to prevent fraying.



And spraying the crap out of it with starch to prevent shredding.


Happy weekend everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment