Sunday, March 25, 2012

Peace.

I met up with a new friend this week.
Someone outside of my usual circle.
Unlike those that know my story and have helped to carry my burden.

It was refreshing.
And...hard.

She reminded me that my current circumstances don't dictate my future.
That I am still free to become so much more.
My mind knows this truth.

But, my fraidy cat little heart sometimes can't go there.
Won't allow me to push through the painful now to the possibilities of a new day.

“Our life depends on the kind of thoughts we nurture. If our thoughts are peaceful, calm, meek, and kind, then that is what our life is like. If our attention is turned to the circumstances in which we live, we are drawn into a whirlpool of thoughts and can have neither peace nor tranquility.” 
Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica

On this peaceful Sunday, I will choose to believe.
The Lord is up to something beautiful.
With me.
With my sweet daughter.
With my talents and passions.

I choose to believe.
Lord, help my unbelief.

                                                                         Source: weheartit.com via Kristi on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment