Thursday, March 22, 2012

Embracing Florida

Admittedly,
I do my fair share of complaining about living in Florida.
But today, ahem, let it be noticed that
I am gonna try (really hard) to embrace the sunshine state.

This is my little and her bestie at the beach a few weeks ago.
That's right.
It was the beginning of March and we frolicked in the water, wore bathing suits,
and I even managed to get quite the sunburn.

In Ohio, this is crazy talk.  Even in North Carolina.
But here in Florida, it's commonplace.
We get 2 months of coolish weather.
And then summer returns.
This wasn't the burn your face off, sweat through your clothes kind of  summer.
But summery nonetheless.  An embraceable kind of summery.

I'm thankful that we got to spend this day by the sea, just the 3 of us.
Journey's momma got a break, Selah had her bff to play with, and we had a ball.

Here are some of my faves from the day:






Okay, it's your turn.
What are you embracing peeps?


3 comments:

  1. I love in Ohio and it was 80 today... seriously crazy weather. I miss the beach. We need to get there soon. Love all your happy photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun was had by all! we are heading to the beach over spring break and I am really looking forward to some R&R. this will be Gavin's first trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so, so fabulous... a tad jealous of your beach day... and with 2 super cute gals too.

    ReplyDelete