Thursday, February 2, 2012

Embracing The Me I Remember.

It's been a long few years.
With marriage struggles and the separation,
surviving has weighed heavily on my soul
and sucked the life out of me.
But, I'm happy to say that in these past few weeks,
I've felt more like myself than I have in years.


Today, for Embrace the Camera,
I'm gonna go out on a limb and embrace, um,

just me.



Can I do that?
Feels a little selfish.
But, I'm gonna go with it,
in an effort to practice self-appreciation.

To say hey you,
I 've missed our time together.
I think you are kinda cool.

And silly.
But, I like that about you.

The Lord has had me on a path of healing.
I wouldn't trade this journey for anything
because it has brought me closer to Him
and helped me begin to truly receive from others
without feeling the compulsion to reciprocate.

But man, does it feel good to be that girl again.
Spontaneous, spunky, energized, inspired by so many things.
Able to act on my inspirations.
Now, that's a gift.

{Photo credit goes to my friend Jess.
We had a an impromptu photo sesh the other day.
You can see her pretty face here.}

Click on the link below to join in on the Embracing
with The Anderson Crew.

5 comments:

  1. What an amazing sentiment. This is the year of you. How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very brave and beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2012 is full of possibilities, no?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos have such personality! They are simply beautiful! And so are you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i.love.this. oh... and you are beautiful, ps.

    ReplyDelete