Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Secret.

I think I may have discovered the secret
to being productive.

Put it on your blog!
Who knew?

Since I posted about 12 by 2012,
I have now completed 3 things
that I have been meaning to do for a while.

Turns out that measuring progress with photos
and posting thoughts about my handiwork
is one way to get me focused.

Today, it was garden time.
I have a little love affair with succulent plants.
They require barely any effort.
They survive the wretched summers
here in the hell state.
And, they are just plain cute.

Look at this guy.
The water drop in here looked like magic.

Cleaned out and repotted. Yay.

The one below the little houses windchime
is some random weed that grew in my yard.
So, I potted it.
I'm convinced it's at least a succulent relative.

I picked up this awesome plant stand
a few years ago at Old Time Pottery.
Love that place.

So, the succulents are good to go.
And I even planted little bitty succulent babies
that the grown ups had made.
Hope I didn't kill 'em.

----------------------------
Moving on to task #2 of the day,
{because I am THAT productive}....

I may be the only person in Florida
who didn't know this,
but how cool is it that if you plop
a pineapple top in some dirt,
it will grow it's own pineapple tree.


This photo makes it look small.
It's not.
After just a few months,
it's well on it's way
to producing fruit.
{Or so I hope.}

I repotted him in a bigger container
because I want to take him with me
in the event of a move.

Yes, it's a boy.
Is it weird that I give genders to my plants?

And lastly,
there is nothing better than cheap labor to assist
with jobs like this.
This is my bestie's little munchkin.


I only had to pay her a half of a box
of wheat thins for all of her hard work.
Thanks Baby Hope for your trouble. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment