Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Mini Renovation.

After lots of elbow grease
and creative orchestrating,
the dollhouse project is mostly complete.
I was thrilled as a clam
to reveal to Selah her special birthday surprise.

Shall I take you on a quick tour?

1.) Priming phase.
2.) Tile is glued down.
3.) Operation lay little tiny hardwood floor.
4.) With these little tiny craft sticks.
5.) Grout the tile floors.
6.) Stain the hardwoods.
7.) Chuckle/cuss along with me when you see little tiny glue spots.
Note to self: do not get glue anywhere near real hardwoods
in the event that I ever do this on big people flooring.

8.) Preview of bedroom furniture pre-refashioning.
9.) Yay for the bright new house paint!
10.) Wallpaper is complete!
Ignore scratches that are needing a touch-up.
11.) Upstairs room close-up.
12.) Children's bedroom.
This is my favorite "wallpaper." :)
13.) The baby relieves himself on the potty.
14.) Grandpa takes a nap.
15.) The kitchen up close.
It will also have a small table and chairs.
(It's starting to look as crammed as my real house...)
16.) Relaxing together in the family room.
And here's the big reveal...
She is loving her new doll house.
It was worth every ounce of effort and then some
to see the joy that she gets to imagine and play.
Oh how I love my Selah bug....

2 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute! Great job! I'm impressed with your creativity and attention to detail. :)

    ReplyDelete