Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Shamu & friends.

Today, we took our first official trip to Sea World.
Bravo for affordable annual passes.
Double bravo for a generous gift of money-giving family.

The little one was not so sure about this big furry whale.
She much preferred the random flamingos walking throughout the park.
Look at those silly flamingos Momma!

She was also stoked about the dog/cat show.
Our convo after seeing the dolphins perform:
me: Selah, let's go see the doggie show.
her: That'd be cool! Are they gonna swim?!!

Cheese.
Did you know that the closest living relative
of the manatee is an elephant?
(No, but it makes sense when you see their hide.)
Did you know that they can use their flippers
as arms to lift them out of the water to snack on some ferns?
(No, but I watched him do it.)
Fish, please, says the seal. Sorry sir. 3 little fish are $5.
Next time, we'll bring you a can of tuna instead. :)
Killer whale show.
Selah in awe.
The best self-portrait possible with my portrait lens.

I am certain that I had almost as much fun or more than she did.
My mom used to take me to Sea World in Ohio when I was a kid.
Brought me back to my life as a little girl.
One of the brighter moments. Yay for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment