Monday, November 7, 2011

Our Thankful Garland.

This little project was a doozy.
What was originally a plan for a thankful tree
turned in to a thankful garland.

And what originally was intended to be a crafternoon,
turned in to crafterallday. And a half.

But, it's a cute little way to focus on our blessings.
And a craft that's easy to include the munchkins in on.

{Warning: crappy iphone photos ahead.}

So, here we have:
CRAFTERDAYANDAHALF THANKFUL GARLAND

Supplies include:
a hole punch
glue
a ruler
a pencil
scissors
hemp string (or whatevs)
and some pretty fall colored card stock.
And a pointy nail
a circle punch (not pictured, whoopsy.)
some neutral colored card stock (seen below)
And some scrapbooking sticky numbers. (seen below)
and some mini-clothespins (seen below) or paper clips.

I started off by measuring out my paper so that
I would get 6 strips each of 5 colors.

I cut the 81/2 x 11 cardstock in half.
So each strip was 5 1/2 by 1 inch.

I cut the strips out.
And played scrabble.

Then hole punched both ends.

Used some brads to fasten them.

Like this.

Alot.
60 times. Cause I made 2.

Then poked a little nail hole in the top.

And tied a knot to secure it.
{This was originally the "ornament" for my thankful tree.}

Just tie a knot right here to link them together.

Using some other plain cardstock that I had,
and some scrapbooking numbers for days of the month

and that aforementioned circle paper cutter,
I banged out 30x2 of these circle babies.

And then enlisted a cutie patootie
that is ALL ABOUT GLUE
to help glue the circles on.

Lastly, I cut out small scraps of paper to write
a little ditty about what made us thankful that day
and clipped em on with my most favorite mini-clothespins.
And voila. Our thankful garland.

Originally, that green tree above was going to be the thankful tree.
But then when I pieced these together, I loved it just the way it was.
And since I already had most of the supplies,
it cost me about $4 to make 2 of them.

What fun ideas for you have to focus on your blessings
this holiday season? Please do share. :)

1 comment:

  1. this turned out amazing! brilliant idea. hoping to do something like this in december.... maybe....

    ReplyDelete