Monday, December 3, 2012

I Love Soup.

So, it's almost winter time.
It's even cold enough in Florida to wear a sweater at night.  Occasionally.
And there's nothing I love more to eat on those chilly nights than soup.
I love it so much, I almost want to marry it.


Last week I made some pretty delish Pasta Fagioli.  
(said like FA-JOL, with a little "zso" enunciation on the j if you will...)
Just whatever you do, don't add the "ee" sound on the end.
Or you will look like a big dumbhead. 
I'm all about helping saving anyone from shame...

Back to the soup.

Here is what you will need:

1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
2 15 oz cans of great northern beans
1 small package frozen spinach
2 14.5 oz cans of chicken broth
1 29 oz can of tomato sauce
2 cups water (or less if you like it more stewey)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 T. dried parsley
1 tsp. salt
pinch o pepper
1 T. fresh chopped basil or 1 tsp. of the dried stuff
8 oz. shell pasta (I used rotini)
cheese & oyster crackers to top it off!



DIRECTIONS:
1.)In large pot, combine all ingredients except pasta.
2.) Bring to a boil then simmer, covered, for 40 minutes.
3.) Add pasta and cook uncovered for about 8 minutes.
4.) And bam.  You've just made dinner.

Easy as pie.  And makes lots and reheats beautifully.  On the stove.
I'm one of those weirdies that doesn't use a microwave.
Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment